Tuesday 6 January 2015

A Coat for a Fool

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you've all had a thoroughly festive few weeks. I am back in the studio now after a couple of weeks of eating, drinking and be-merrying, ready for an exciting 2015. First of all though, a little project I finished last year on.
I was asked by my regular co-conspirator Rebecca Lee to make a frock coat for her Morris dancing pals Sharp and Blunt's Fool, to get its first outing on Boxing Day.
Rebecca chose a very nice wool-like red plaid, and I used a combination of this pattern for an 18th Century riding outft, and a Burda magazine jacket pattern.
Black velvet for the lapels.
And black velvet buttons on the cuffs.

A pleated tail section with a dipped hem and a couple more velvet buttons.
And my own little surprise of a taffeta under collar!

Pretty swish, no?

2 comments:

  1. Pleasant article. Think so http://write-my-essays.org/bid4papers-com-review/ new type of elements have incorporated into your article. Sitting tight for your next article.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips