Wednesday 19 February 2014

Traces Pt 1: A Bag for Miss Harbrow

I created two pieces for Traces at Holdrons of Peckham, both handbags but both very individual. Each bag was intended for  staff member at the department store, and were exhibited in the staff lockers, along with personal items and ephemera that told the story of each of the characters.There is a great feature on it from Design Week here.

The first design I am going to share with you is 'A Bag for Miss Harbrow' - hand embroidery on vintage linen with a Liberty Tana Lawn lining and a sew-in brass colour frame. You can see my inspiration over on my Traces Pinterest board, and the bag in-situ on the Peckham Peculiar blog.

 


 




Also, a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the Kickstarter fund as a result of badgering from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips